Three-layer Bean Dip
This is an excellent dip. Though I don't often make layered anything, I find myself making this recipe roughly once a year, just in time for the Super Bowl that I don't even watch.
This dip is best served hot using sturdy corn chips. It's even vegetarian if you purchase the right kind of refried beans.
- 2 12-oz cans of refried beans
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Sour cream
- 1 packet taco spices
- 1 small can green chilis
- Mix all of the refried beans with the packet of taco spices. (You may want to warm the beans up a bit to make this easier.)
- In a 9" x 13" baking pan, spread out the refried beans mixture.
- Mix about 4 oz of sour cream with the can of green chilis, and then spread it over the refried beans.
- Place the sliced olives on top of the sour cream.
- Shred the cheese and cover the remaining surface.
- Cook in a 350 deg F oven for about 35 - 40 minutes.